Just a friendly reminder that cadets are required to bring their signed camp offers, that were returned during the parent meeting, along with the applicable completed forms and can be found in the joining instructions that I have linked below. Kit lists and other pertinent information can also be found in this document.
Any band cadets who still have instruments to return must drop them off tonight before the squadron is closed for the summer.
Monday June 18 – Squadron Pack Up
- For all level fives to assist with the pack up of the squadron
- All band members are reminded to return instruments and any cadets who were issues white must be returned.
- Please be at Birchall for 6pm
Wednesday June 20 – Summer Camp Meeting
- All cadets who have accepted offers to camp MUST attend with their parent/guardian
- Please be at Birchall for 6:30pm
- Important paperwork will be handed out at this time.
We have recently been given the thumbs up to start setting up for the Change of Command parade this evening before tomorrow’s parade.
We’re asking for anyone who’s able to volunteer starting from 6:15 pm onward to assist with chairs and other small tasks to meet us at the Annapolis Mess.
The more volunteers, the quicker it will go however it shouldn’t be longer then 8 pm.
Wednesday, June 13
- The parade will be upstairs at the Annapolis Mess located here: https://goo.gl/maps/H32bP3TqTZs
- Cadets are expected to arrive at 6 pm in full dress uniform with the parade starting at 7 pm.
- Parents are expected to stay near by (or watch) as this will be a quick parade finishing no later then 8 pm.
Please make a note that tonight’s change of command parade practice will now be held in BIRCHALL not Morfee as originally planned.
Also, just a friendly reminder that we have cadets who have anaphylaxis reactions to nuts and carrots. Please keep this in mind when preparing for the potluck on Friday.
Please find the joining instruction using the link below for those attending camp as COURSE CADETS.
Please find the joining instructions using the link below for those attending camp as STAFF.
Monday June 4th
- No cadets; optional training completed for the year
Wednesday, June 6th
- Parade practice for Change of Command from 6:30-9pm at Morfee
- Cadets will be wearing appropriate civilian clothing for the practice
Friday, June 8th
- Squadron End of Year Banquet – Remaining Awards Ceremony at 107 Valley Wing
- Due to the building capacity we invite only cadets and 2 guests max.
- This will be a potluck with levels 1 and 2 bringing mains, levels 3 and 4 desserts and level 5 will bring salads. Please indicate what you will be bringing by filling out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/PaQNAcc9qiG24U0Y2
- Please arrive at 5:45 pm, dinner will commence at 6:15 pm. Guests are free to go after dinner once the dance begins at 7:30 pm.
- Cadets will be picked up at 10:30 pm
Sunday, June 10th
- Decoration of the Graves in Middleton
- Cadets will arrive at 6 pm at the DMV parking lot in Middleton and parents are expected to stay since this will be a short parade.
Cadets are now asked to meet at the Annapolis Mess parking lot for 5:30pm. They will be bused over to the secure side of the base for the event and then bused back to the Annapolis Mess Parking lot for 7:30pm.
The following cadets have signed up and are expected to be there:
- WO1 Belanger
- WO2 Chega
- WO2 Ouellet
- FSgt Scott
- FSgt Trahan
- FSgt Walsh
- FSgt Zinck
- Sgt Frittenburg
- Sgt Hughes
- Sgt Peterson
- FCpl Gray
- FCpl Lambert
- Cpl Downton
- LAC Hattie
- LAC Lambert
- LAC Reinhart
Unfortunately due to the logistics of getting to the secure side of the base these are the only cadets approved to attend this evening.
There will be a VIP arriving on base Thursday, May 31st and it has been requested that we supply 20 cadets to be on ground when they arrive.
Cadets would need to be at 14 Wing Air Movements Unit (between the fire hall and transportation – you will see people gathered) no later than 1700 hrs in C-1 uniform (tunic, tie and medals).
Cadets will need to be picked up at 1800 hrs.
If you are able to attend, please fill out this form ASAP so we can inform the base whether we will be able to commit to this.