- Parade practice on Friday will be from 1800 – 2000 hrs at the 14 Wing Parade Square in civilian clothing.
- Cadets are to arrive at 14 Wing Parade Square at 1000 hrs in civilian clothing . Cadets are required to bring a lunch and ALL of their required uniform parts . They will have a parade practice, a break for lunch and time to change before the parade starts.
- Guests are asked to be seated no later than 1215, as the parade will commence at 1230.
- In case of inclement weather, the parade will be held at the Greenwood Gardens (arena on the base).
- There will be a banquet after the parade at the Annapolis Mess. Cadets and parents are asked to be at 1730 hrs to start at 1800 hrs. Dress for this will be semi-formal. There will be a dinner and presentations followed by a dance.
- The dance will commence at 1900 hrs and we ask that all parents be back to pick their child up by 2200 hrs.
***In the event that a cadet is unable to attend the ACR, we need a signed note from the parents to be presented to the staff as soon as possible. This is a mandatory parade that showcases the cadets achievements during the year, so we ask that if at all possible, cadets attend***
unfortunately the weather was not good in Debert so the cadets did not get to fly. We are leaving Debert now and will be home around 5.
Due to flying range is cancelled tomorrow morning.
Those cadets who are flying this weekend will need to be at Birchall at 0900 Saturday morning. We will be leaving at 0930. We will be returning around 1930 that evening. Cadets should bring snacks and a lunch as we will be on the airfield and there will be nowhere to get food. Cadets should also bring activities to occupy themselves with both on the bus and while waiting for their flight. We discourage bringing electronics in case they get lost or broken.
If there are any questions please let us know.
As predicted, our familiarization flying has changed. It will now be at Debert on Saturday, May 28th from 1230-1630. Transportation will be provided, though details have not been confirmed. It is about a 2 hour drive to Debert, so plan your day accordingly. Sign ups have been slow, so I ask that if you are able to attend and wish to come, please email the squadron at email@example.com as we would like to have a finalized list by Wednesday. Priority will be given to level 1s, however we will welcome all cadets who wish to come.
- ACR Practice 1815-2115
- This will be held at the parade square. Please ensure that you are there on time and are dressed for the weather.
- PSRY Training 1800-2100 Cadets that have signed up are to come to Birchall in civilian clothing.
- Range 0900-1200
- **There is a possibility that our famil flights will be changed in the next 24 hours, so we will update on this as soon as we know what is going on**
- IF flying goes as planned, it will be 1230-1630 at CFB Greenwood.
Level 3s that have not completed the following testing are to come prepared to complete it on Wednesday or with a plan to have it completed before the end of the training year:
- Leadership tasking (PO 303)
- Instruction (PO 309)
- Aviation Test (PO 331, 336, 337)
- Navigation test (PO 390)
Level 3s that need some review for the aviation test can go to this online course that will provide an overview of the information given during classes. Cadets can either sign up or login using a Google account to access the course. This course is still under work so if you notice things look a little different from day-to-day, that’s perfectly normal.
Level 4s that have not completed the following testing are to come prepared to complete it on Wednesday or with a plan to have it completed before the end of the training year:
- Drill (PO 408)
- Instruction (PO 409)
- June 4 – Annual Ceremonial Review. This is a mandatory final parade for all cadets. We also encourage family to come watch the parade and see the accomplishments of the cadets this year.
- June 8 – Change of Command Parade. This is a mandatory parade for all cadets. This will be where Major Dupuis steps down as CO of the unit and Capt Bourque takes over. Family is encouraged to come watch the parade to show their support for both the outgoing and the incoming CO.
Due to the long weekend, both range on Saturday and all our Monday activities (band, drill team, flag party) will be cancelled.
Enjoy the time off!